THIS WEEK'S CURATED ITEMS YOUR WARDROBE NEEDS NOW.
Hangar9’s Editor’s Picks is our curated selection of womenswear, jewelry and accessories made for you each week. As a boutique clothing store, we specialize in wardrobe planning, and service our client’s with personal styling experiences to create capsule wardrobes, tailored to their unique style and ready for any occasion.
Editor's Pick's features our favourite items for Fall 2023, including designers from locally & Canadian made to internationally renowned luxury fashion houses. This collection is hand selected by our stylists to feature the top trends of the season, and creatively designed to make you look your best. Editor's Picks is where you can shop new key pieces to invest in now and wear all season long.
Here are some of the trends we are focused on this season:
Fall 2023 is back to business, which means a focus on key layering pieces for your wardrobe. Invest in a well-made cotton button-up blouse to ensure you always have something to wear.
Maximum Impact Denim Skirts
Let the hemline hit the floor with your skirts this season, and take a summer classic into a winter staple. Whether it is a long jean skirt with a slit, a full volume denim ensemble or something in between, this is a wardrobe essential this season.
Chunky Handwoven Knits
Cozy up this season in chunky handknit sweaters, and embrace the craftmanship of unique embroidery, crochet and stitching. These knits will become a statement piece in your winter wardrobe, and are an absolute must-have.
The New Suit
Have fun with your workwear. Put together a look that is trendy and sophisticated while still work appropriate. An oversized blazer paired with a coordinating mini skirt, in a gabardine, twill or wool weave will create a lasting impact on your suiting looks.
Red is the colour of the season this year. Find cool accents in this warm hue, or dress head-to-toe in a monochromatic red outfit.
We asked our styling team what their favourite styles are this season, here's what they have to say:
- Graphic Tees: This vintage style classic has entered the chat. Opt for a vintage style t-shirt with your favourite mantra or cool graphic rather than your usual plain white tee.
- Hourglass Silhouettes: Playing with proportion is a key dressing trend this season, but with carefully planned tactics. This season a cinched (read: snatched) waist is the look, so play this up by finding padded shoulder jackets, and wide leg bottoms, while bringing your look together at the waist with a bold belt or fitted top.
- Layers of Lace: This sultry look moves from a delicate detail to an entire look. For maximum impact wear different lace textures layered together.
- Wide is Best: We said it once, and we'll say it again. Our pant widths just keep growing, and we love it. While we always hold a special place in our heart for a cigarette leg, this season Palazzo is the way to go. Wide leg pants are best.
- Subversive Sexy: We suggest this style for any occasion, a monochromatic all blacks palette with lingerie details is the perfect approach. Want other styles that are subtly sexy? Try styles with strappy details, a mesh look, or unconventional cutouts that hit in all the right places.
- Good things happen in 3s: The return of classic tailoring means a new trend is on the rise. The classic 3 piece suit is back, but this time it is designed to be versatile, you can wear this look as a set, the vest with a pair of wide leg trousers, or the jacket with a pair of jeans; no matter which way you wear it, you are guaranteed a sleek look.
- Hyper-Functional Classics: Your wardrobe essentials will receive an update this season, we are prioritizing design details that are multi-functional; we've heard it before, "Classics with a Twist", but now they have a purpose. Try styles with ruching that allows you to adjust how the style fits, or pants with a drawstring to change where they sit on your waist.